Thursday 2 December 2010

World AIDS Day - 1 December 2010
Global view of HIV prevalence 2009

Today is World AIDS Day
The UK published Independent newspaper has issued a special edition to mark the occasion of World AIDS Day, which is guest edited by Sir Elton John, the musician and activist on AIDS issues.  Elton John has decorated the front page with a rose to symbolise the fight against AIDS; it is a specially commissioned piece of art by the British painter Gary Hume, designed to evoke the transience of life which the deadly Aids pandemic underscores.

Untitled - Gary Hume
  "I chose a rose because it's a beautiful thing, that blooms and then dies," Hume said yesterday. "I went out and bought some coloured pencils called Skin Colours of the World and drew with them on gesso and chalk."


World AIDS Day 2010: Signs of progress
According to the 2010 report from UNAIDS, the United Nations' HIV/AIDS program, the overall HIV infection rate has declined almost 20% in 10 years – from 3.1 million new cases in 1999 to 2.6 million in 2009. That decrease follows the previous two decades of explosive growth in the number of HIV infections.

In 2009, more than 33 million people worldwide were living with HIV. That's up from 26.2 million in 1999. Despite that staggering statistic, UNAIDS and other AIDS organizations are making progress in their efforts to control and eventually eradicate HIV/AIDS. World AIDS Day is a chance to take stock of how well these organizations are doing and where the world stands today.

According to the Monitor's Africa Bureau Chief Scott Baldauf, much of that decline can be attributed to funding from donor nations – such as the US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), which registered $6.8 billion in funding in 2010 – and private organizations. Much of that money goes toward education about prevention and prevention tools, such as teaching people about safe sex and making condoms more available.

This year's World AIDS Day theme is Universal Access and Human Rights. Global leaders have pledged to work towards universal access to HIV and AIDS treatment, prevention and care, recognizing these as fundamental human rights. Today, we urge our leaders to follow through on their commitments.


Jewish Groups Observe World AIDS Day 2010
This year, the first night of Hanukkah, December 1, coincides with World AIDS Day. Hanukkah celebrates the victory of a small group of Maccabees against the seemingly insurmountable armies of King Antiochus. Also, remember the miracle of Hanukkah, during which one day's supply of oil lasted for eight.

The ongoing battle against HIV/AIDS presents seemingly insurmountable challenges. For more than three decades the world has been battling HIV and AIDS, fighting for each life that has been touched by the virus. Throughout, the miracle of new drugs and treatments have been celebrated that have enhanced the quality and length of life for men, women, and children in the US and around the world.
The Jewish tradition teaches that when someone "saves one life, it is as though [they have] saved the universe." With more than 33 million people living with HIV and 2.6 million new infections in 2009, the obligation to address the HIV/AIDS epidemic is clear.

U.S. Changes HIV Policies
President Barack Obama released the first-ever national AIDS strategy in July 2010, setting the goal of reducing the annual number of new HIV infections by 25 percent within five years.
Legislation ending a 22 year ban on anyone infected with HIV entering the United States went into effect in January this year. The next International AIDS Conference will be held in Washington, D.C., in 2012. The US has not hosted the conference since 1990 due to the HIV travel ban.

World AIDS Day 2010 - Concerns
UNAIDS reported in its 2010 Report on the Global AIDS Epidemic, in 2009, about 370,000 children were born with HIV. This is down from 430,000 in 2008.
But, recent report from the United Nations says that AIDS will kill half of all 15-year-olds in Zimbabwe, Botswana and South Africa by 2012 if something is not done soon. Nearly 14 million children have already been orphaned by AIDS, and each day, nearly 1,000 children are born HIV positive -- starting life already carrying the burden of this deadly disease.

World Aids Day 2010 – HIV sufferers given a second chance by pioneering treatment
A one-off, non-invasive, treatment for HIV/AIDS sufferers requiring no drugs and with no side effects is available now. For more details read the blog background information post here and visit: http://www.hivex-treatment.org/



2 comments:

  1. A wonderful site and a wonderful treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete